Fabricate Ductwork: Most homeowners in Tomball do not give ductwork services much thought. However, ductwork is in charge of transporting large amounts of heated air as well as a lot of dust throughout the building.
These two elements bring potential risks that you must take into account. Every year, many homeowners waste money by running inefficient air conditioners and heaters. To prevent this, we suggest hiring ductwork services in Tomball, TX.
Why Is There a Need for Customized Fabrication of HVAC Ducts?
HVAC fabrication creates and produces customized parts for a building’s HVAC system. The fact is that each building is individually designed and has different heating, cooling, and ventilation requirements. Therefore, universal HVAC materials are mass-produced to fit into as many other buildings as possible.
According to the ductless AC services and AC repair Tomball TX experts, rather than attempting to use one-size-fits-all features in buildings with widely differing construction styles, astute homes and business owners commission customized materials from a skilled craftsman.
2. Materials that You Can Use to Make Ducts (Fabricate Ductwork)
Commercial sheet metal ducts connect HVAC components in countless buildings worldwide.
Galvanized Mild Steel
Galvanized mild steel with a rust-resistant zinc coating is commonly used for ductwork fabrication and custom ducting.
For laboratory environments, food processing plants, and other industrial, institutional, and commercial facilities, stainless steel sheet duct fabrication is a top choice.
3. Fabrication of HVAC ducts: Some Pointers
The parts for an HVAC system are made in a dedicated shop, where sheet metal is cut and formed using specially designed machinery. It is typically accomplished using a stamping press to press sheet metal into the desired shape. It can be bent in straight lines, folded in half to make it thicker, or cut to fit any pattern.
These machines are now highly sophisticated, utilizing advanced technology such as lasers to complete the task. In addition, according to ductless services experts, the person in charge must be proficient in sheet metal fabrication and building ventilation for HVAC parts. We also offer comprehensive and reliable services to plumber Tomball.
4. Steps for DIY Ductwork Fabrication
- You can start making your ductwork to improve your HVAC system.
- Collecting the required tools and materials is the first step.
- You will need sheet metal and a table.
- Before cutting and forming, you can begin measuring and marking the metal with a steel ruler.
- Place the ruler between 10 and 12 inches from the long edge of the metal.
- In two places, measure and mark the sheet metal at one inch. Make sure the space between the marks is two feet.
- Take measurements for the duct’s height and length, as well as a width measurement.
- It would be best to use the 14-inch mark in the middle of each section to mark the final measurement.
- To bend the metal at each mark, follow the measurements on the metal.
- When the duct is finished, it will have a 14-inch lip.
- Clamp this down and lock the duct with a sheet metal hammer.
Tradition Services have provided high-quality, innovative metal fabrication solutions since its beginning. Our specialties include emergency repairs, maintenance programs, ductwork services, and the best plumbing Services Tomball TX.
We have the tools and capabilities to complete any job quickly and efficiently. For a free quote or to know more about our full ductwork fabrication capabilities, call (855) 500-0035 today.