Complex components and elements that rely on one another to function comprise an air conditioner, and the effectiveness of the air conditioner remains influenced by the unit’s age and frequent use.
Sounds That Demand an Immediate AC Repair
An air conditioning device might start making unusual sounds with time and constant use. Here are some prevalent sounds that demand AC repair in Tomball, TX.
- Screaming noises: A broken fan motor in the outside condenser unit is the most frequent cause of a screaming sound coming from an air conditioner. The fan motor or a damaged engine in the compressor may have malfunctions if your air conditioning system makes a shrieking noise.
- Buzzing sounds: A broken relay switch may cause your air conditioner to make humming noises. When you get a signal from your thermostat, this part remains intended to turn on the outdoor condenser unit. Unfortunately, until this problem gets examined by a qualified technician, you won’t be able to turn on your air conditioning unit.
- Blasting noises: Never overlook your central air conditioning system’s blasting sound. This sound may suggest loose or imbalanced fan blades in your outdoor condenser unit. Additionally, problems like a broken exterior fan motor, filthy condenser coils, and loose parts may be to blame for this noise.
- Rumbling sounds: Loose twigs, dirt, or leaves in your outdoor condenser unit might generate a rattling sound your air conditioner is creating. Disassembling the machine and removing these components is the easiest way to solve this problem.
- Hissing noise: A moderate to serious air duct leak in your home could induce your air conditioner to produce a hissing sound. A broken expansion valve or an air filter that remains incompatible with your system could be to blame for this noise.